So there I was pregnant, knocked up, with child... what was I to do with this new found money that once went to a bar tab? Who wants to spend money on preggo lady clothes that aren't going to fit you in a week... what was I to do? The only thing I could do, buy and register for baby stuff. Problem solved!
And this is what I wish someone had told me. Yea you can search the internet and there are 5 million lists of what you should have before you come home, what you should bring to the hospital, what you shouldn't bother with... all that crap is mostly crap. When you are a NYC mom things are a lil different, we have different lifestyles then Mom's in the burbs... so here are the 4 things I love most of all the baby things we have.
1 - Stroller: Uppa Baby Vista
You have to have one, F your sister saying you don't need one. She lives in CT, what does she know? She isn't walking walking walking everywhere. You need a stroller, you need one that will last through the rain and muck, one that will carry your groceries underneath and will last you from infancy to toddler years.One that maneuvers one handed in and out of the Starbucks line. Besides the greatness of the stroller itself are the additions you can use to pimp your baby's ride. We added the graco adaptor for the carseat making travel easy. The best addition used daily would be the cupholder, get it.
2 - Baby Bag: Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Eliz-a-baby in BLACK
You live in NYC you are like me and do not want a friggin pink polka dotted baby bag. Or one with winnie the pooh or some sort of fuzzy animal. I searched and searched and read reviews and after my Baby Daddy's harrowing search, I finally got the diaper bag. Now that I have this bag I am in love, pockets... functionality, nylon, top zip, changing pad... this bag has everything and it is black, noooo foofiness, bleh.
3 - My Little Lamb Cradle and Swing (Fisher Price)
My little lady is currently in hers. If you have to get rid of your kitchen table to fit this in your apartment it is worth it.
4 - Baby Bjorn
Yes, I bet you are all thinking you should get one of those wrap things... me too. So I have one, I used it once. Think about it this way... do you want to take a piece of cloth and wrap it around your body and stuff your baby in it? What if you tied it wrong? You spend more time worrying about whether you tied it right and if your baby will fall out than you do getting things done. So register for it, if you get it put it in your closet til the baby's older then strap your baby into a nice secure baby bjorn. Sturdy & safe and funny to look at on dad.
I mean that's really all you need besides nerves of steal for your child's first Taxi ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment